I've been attempting to illustrate 'The Metamorphosis' by Franz Kafka these past few weeks for a uni brief. First time I've tried a sequential narrative and it has been rather challenging. I have realised i really suck at composition and am scared of backgrounds, but silk screen printing is my saviour.
A tutorial with the lovely Matthew Richardson helped as he suggested experimenting with scale and angle as well as collage to keep an element of realism.
I wasn't expecting these results when i first began, if I had more time they need a bit more work on, but overall I'm relatively happy.
Front cover still to come after I do a bit of stressing and probably crying at uni tomorrow.